ANTV internship program enriches our students with prime time experience with significant exposure to global media and entertainment. This unique program with its superior design is committed to promoting expansion of your professional experience while augmenting skills from your academic studies.
Internship at ANTV gives the qualified participant experience in the field of broadcast journalism through hands-on approach. Our interns will participate in various television production and broadcast process at different levels throughout their program. ANTV Internships program is designed to offer versatility in journalism; experiential exposures of a typical intern may include program overlap to maximize learning outcomes.
Program Objective: To provide students with solid exposure to digital media and broadcasting operations, offer real-world application of skills learned in school and prepare students for future employment.
What to Expect
- Mentor: Our interns are matched with a mentor based on their area of internship or area of expressed interest. This mentorship provides interns with an opportunity to learn from our seasoned professionals. In addition, our mentors work to create a tailored experience that can best strengthen the skills of the students.
- Final Project – Each intern, based on their area of focus will be required to complete a final project. Interns are always encouraged to meet with their mentors about project ideas.
ANTV Internship Requirements
- Must have at least 1 year of previous news producing experience or strong internship experience at a commercial TV station, and demonstrated leadership skills
- Must be in pursuit of Bachelor or Graduate degree at an Accredited Institution
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the U.S.
- Must have proficiency in conducting internet research required
- Must exhibit attention to detail, excellent organization, and strong communication skills
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize tasks sufficiently while working independently
- Must be College Juniors and Seniors with GPA 3 or higher
- Must be able to work the minimum hour requirement – ANTV internship is a structured, part-time position requiring interns to work minimum of 10 hours per week during the academic semester.
Applications for the spring program opens November 1st and closes December 15th.
Applications for the summer program opens February 1st and closes March 15th
Applications for the fall program opens June 1st and closes July 15th